Finding 70mm Skirting Trunking.

Hi All,

Some time ago I installed about 4 metres of 70mm high x 20mm deep pvc skirting trunking, with three internal compartments, to carry speaker cables, cat 5, etc. This came from B&Q, and although expensive for what it was, did what I wanted, and was a reasonable match for our (70s) wooden skirting.

I now need some more, and B&Q (inevitably) have changed the type stocked to a different design of 100mm type.

I've found the original (with some difficulty) at:

the SL slimline range, and it's also (I think) referenced as Hager/Tehalit elsewhere.

However, I'm buggered if I can find anyone actually selling it (esp in small quantities). I've tried all the usual suspects, TLC, CPC, etc, and every search combination I can think of.

Has anyone come across this, or a similar 70mm skirting trunking? Ideas gratefully received, or otherwise I think I'm going to be making a recess in the back of wooden skirting, and wondering how to fix it semipermanently to the wall.

Thanks,

Charles F

Reply to
Charles Fearnley

"Charles Fearnley" wrote in message news:4c246135$0$2524$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk...

> as the SL slimline range, and it's also (I think) referenced as

Tony

Reply to
TMC

>>> as the SL slimline range, and it's also (I think) referenced as

(counterbored the wood screws by 5 mm and tapped in wooden plus made using a plug cutter)

Ealsy to remove if needed

nothing dangerous as the cables are all signal not current

Tony

Reply to
TMC

I'll try phoning Rehau, but large multinationals tend not to be that friendly to people who want two pieces of trunking.... Hence the query here.

As for fixing a timber version, yes, that's pretty much what I intended, but it's hardly as convenient as unclipping a pvc front, adding cable, and replacing.

Charles F

Reply to
Charles Fearnley

"Charles Fearnley" wrote in message news:4c246c87$0$27998$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk...

Tony

Reply to
TMC

As for ringing them

They need not know you only want 2 pieces as you are not buying direct from them you just want to know who in the UK may hold stocks

Tony

Reply to
TMC