Filling holes in wood

Outside piece of timber to be gloss painted, There is about 20 holes 5 - 15mm dia, anyone recomend a quick method of filling!......possably putty?

For outside use high performance wood filler which comes in 2 parts is prefrerred, it sets quick too. If its to be painted a cheaper alternative is 2 part car body filler, its essentially the same stuff but usually blue. Works for me.

putty?
I agree, although ive always seem to get a better result with the 2 part body filler! Dont know why. Plus a couple of my mates are carpenters and they also prefer to use the body filler rather than the wood filler. Dont ask why though!
Best of luck
Jim
Putty best and cheapest by far but you have to let it go off a bit - say for a week in summer, before you paint it.
cheers
Jacob