Non-slip paint

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to International Paints 'Interdeck' paint for the roof of my narrowboat. The aforementioned is about £12 for .75 Litre and I'm foning to need probably two and a half litres. Any ideas?

Reply to
Paper2002AD

Screwfix do a non-slip garage paint. I've used the grey variety in my workshop, and it's pretty good. £14 for 2.5l (17904).

Having said that, I think International stuff is superb, all of their products I've used so far have been well worth the price.

Reply to
Grunff

Stuff we got at work was red and the non slip stuff came with a packet of fine sand to mix in with it?

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

I used a paint from Watco for a ramp at work, the paint comes as a 2 part mix and the fine grit is rollered on after the paint. It's 4 years old now and has stood up to wear very well, and it's still very grippy.

Reply to
James Hart

The International stuff has tiny plastic spheres in it to provide the non-slip factor. The gritty stuff works well, but is a b@st@rd to get off for re-coating.

I think I'll have to let the moths out of my wallet!

Reply to
Paper2002AD

Hi,

You should be able to buy the granules separately and much more cheaply. Another way to do it is to sprinkle rock salt or sugar onto to the wet paint then wash it off when the paint is dry. It's worth doing a trial area first, the roof will not get too much foot traffic so it should last OK. Check out some surfing/windsurfing websites and groups for more ideas.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C