Fierce brake on bike

ont brake which tends to throw

I remember leather blocks. They could lock solid in certain conditions. Ah the things you forget that seemed so important in times past.

It's odd as you grow older different things seem just as important to take the place of more immature pastimes.

How I wish we had had a list of what these things would turn out to be as we aged.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Excessive use of either brake will cause skidding, and skidding of the front wheel is the more problematic.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

In the dry at least, you can't do that with the front brake on a bike - you'll go over first.

Reply to
Clive George