Fibre. Does the existing phone line stay when the install FTTP?

Yeah, phone was fine. It turned out there was an extra box of tricks connected in the line path - may have been a DACS or similar[1]. But while voice was fine, DSL was not going to get through it.

[1]Not sure if the attending tech actually specified what it was or not, or whether it was just lost in translation before I got to hear about it.
Reply to
John Rumm

Yeah DACS would kill DSL. Not very common though, I think there are one or two around here or at least at oone place the box is attached to a pole but of course it may no longer be in service.

ADSL or VDSL? For the latter maybe they forgot to change the jumpering to loop the line via the VDSL cabinet or for some strange reason removed it.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I said to ours "What's the minimum bend radius for this stuff?"

One looked at the other then said "We did that on the course didn't we?"

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

When our sparks was installing TV cable I pointed that out, but I think he already knew. But I suspect it may make them more likely to do a better job.

Reply to
Tim Streater

ADSL - this was probably before there was any significant roll out of FTTC.

Reply to
John Rumm