Fence paint anyone

Just boarded out half the garage roof space for storage and got the apprentice to put stuff up there.

"Lid fell off"

It was 4 deg when I hosed him down:-)

Reply to
ARW

replying to ARW, Iggy wrote: Oh geez, screwed but good AND TWICE! I had a painting helper once that didn't see and forgot that she only laid the lid on until the next tray refill. She picked up the can and shook the piss out of it...for half a second. Full head splat and just looking at me with wide eyes...as I almost peed myself while rolling around on the floor laughing. She's dead now, so I'm allowed to talk about it.

Reply to
Iggy

On the topic of "comedy paint errors" I can confess to one the other day. I popped round to a former neighbours to help with a spot of painting. I took a part used tin of primer with me. When I had finished, I loaded everything back into a large black sack that was handy and chucked it in the car. Got home and took it back to the workshop. Its only when I got as far as the garden gate I realised I was leaving a trail of white behind me! The lid had popped off the tin of primer when I took it out of the boot and put it down temporarily on the ground, and it was now pouring out of a vent hole in the bag.

That reminds me, I had probably go do some more pressure washing!

Reply to
John Rumm

Does pressure washing remove oil-based paint ?.

It could have been worse - old fashioned creosote which would have stunk out your car forever.

Reply to
Andrew

Fortunately its acrylic, and its cold enough it has not really set yet.

I was lucky, none came out in the car - think its when I took the bag out of the boot and put it on the ground it must have popped open.

Reply to
John Rumm

And there was I thinking it was you that could do with the cold shower most of the time ;)

Reply to
philipuk

Update to say: the pressure washer did a fine job, removed all traces of it - it just flaked off when hit up close with the jet. Just needed to "feather" the edges a bit to avoid having a painfully clean stripe over the flag stones!

Reply to
John Rumm