Fence orientation

About 0.0 inches else future owners might be more problematic.

Reply to
Andrew

While the above is the common position, AFAIK a fence may straddle the boundary and be owned jointly by the 2 neighbours. The deeds/LR may then show "T" marks on both sides so it looks like an "H". Or may not. "T" marks don't necessarily indicate ownership. Indeed, as the LR state in their Practice Guide 40:

"'T' marks on deed plans which are not referred to in the text of a deed have no special force or meaning in law and unless an applicant specifically requests that the ?T? marks be shown on the title plan, we will normally ignore them."

Reply to
Robin

Many deeds conbtain a requirement to maintain a fence, wall or hedge as the leaseholder doesn't want the boundaries to move.

Mine certainly does. One the other hand, restrictions on extending are non-existent - maintain a building with a rental value of greater than x pounds per year (my shed would probably manage that!) and no need to inform them of any additions/extensions/changes.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

What if it's an eyesore or occupies land you want to put to another use?

"Free" doesn't help with that.

Reply to
pamela

I don't want joint ownership. I was quite satisfied with the alignment of the pre-existing fence at the time of purchasing my property 2 years ago. The "T" marks for that fence are indicated on the neighbours' side on the LR documents.

It is in the repairing of the fence that the alignment has changed purely for the repaired section and merely a matter of inches. The owner had a handyman do the work and then redo the work (under sufference) to put the panels the "right way round" eg consistent with the rest of the fence.

It is a slotted concrete post and I would estimate that the slots are about on the boundary so maybe its only the post that encroaches.

Reply to
AnthonyL