Felt For Shed Roof ?

I need to re-felt the shed roof.

What should I ask for.

A friend told me to bitumen the roof before putting felt on. Is this right ?

Jim

Reply to
the_constructor

Need to know what kind of roof? - is it flat? - up & over? is it constructed of wood? - concrete? what's on it now?

Reply to
Phil L

roofing felt, just avoid the bottom price ones, they contain rag that rots away prematurely. One under sheet and one capsheet ideally, but its quite possible to use one roll for both layers if the shed's that small.

Its one option, bitumen in solvent acts as glue.

NT

Reply to
NT

Shed is made of wood and has a pent roof, or at least I think that's what it is called. It slopes from front to back.

Size of shed is 9'6" x 7'

It has got felt on at the moment but has started to leak. Only 5 years old

Jim

Reply to
the_constructor