Feeling Smug!

I have just replaced a couple of tap washers. I am feeling really smug about it as the taps came apart so easily as I had greased the threads in a nurdy moment when I had first bought the house new in 1988.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

You're gonna give the rest of us a bad name.....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

But think about how much grease you've drunk in the intervening 25 years.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Roger Mills wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Moisurises my skin in the bath!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I bet you have soft water as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Got a compliment from the plumber who installed the new heating/thermal store here, the circulators in the existing system where to be reused. When I put them in >10 years ago I'd used vaselined "rubber" washers in the (ball valve) flanges, not fibre ones. They just undid, I'm not sure if he resused the rubber washers. I damn well hope he did...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The silicone grease I use (came from BES) says OK for water and food use.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

IKIANB I've noticed you always write "where" when you mean "were".

Reply to
Bob Martin

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Speling and grammer are not strong points. Were were and where not so damn similar in speech it wouldn't be so much of a problem. I do try an get 'em right, that one slipped through. My little rule is where has a location context as in here.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I know I'm a nosey bastard.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

were sounds whirr, where sounds ware, no possible confusion

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

as in whirr-wolves?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Um, no they're not. "Where" rhymes with "wear" whereas "were" rhymes with "her".

Distinctly different in speech.

If you had said "there", "their" & "they're" I would have agreed with you. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

----------------8><

You're not from round 'ere, are you? ;-)

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

The wolves are weir

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

And in posh England and Scotland the h in where is pronounced, as it was in the original word: hwere. Hwat you say? But it is true. All those wh words used to be hw.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

No they are not

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"I know it's a nit but" ... I'm a nit-picker, can't help myself ;-)

Reply to
Bob Martin