Extractor Vent Q

Can't get to the outside, but am getting a vent thingy that sticks through the walls..

Now I am getting either a 4" or 107mm drill attachment tomorrow, but don't know which. Are they the same size??? which is bigger and by how much??

Reply to
PhilÅ

Colin Wilson

1 inch is 25.4mm so 4 nches are 101.6mm

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

For a core drill, I'm sure it's as simple as this.

For other things, the Continentals measure a different parameter to us Imperials, however - e.g. for pipe, we measure outside-diam and call it

3/4 inch, they measure the inside and call it 15mm. Or is it the other way round? ;-)
Reply to
Stefek Zaba

You're better off getting one that is say 8mm dia bigger than the vent pipe. Because you can't get to the outside to make good, the diamond corers make a very good neat job on breakout.

Reply to
Old Bill