Extractor fan

I need a small extractor fan with decent closure of the shutters when it's switched off. We have a "Greenwood Airvac" in our bathroom which is fine when extracting, but allows a small gale back through the back-draught flaps when closed.

A couple of the ones in the Screwfix catalogue mention "thermoelectric" shutter actuators. What's that all about, then?

Reply to
Huge

Have a look at the Vent Axia Lowatt range

I think that these will do what you want.

Andy Hall

Reply to
Huge

You're welcome. I didn't look at pricing on these particularly, but I have one of Vent Axia's other 100mm fans for the cloakroom and it has run faultlessly for many years.

I also have two of their large axial 150mm duct fans for supplying cooling air from outside to my comms and server equipment. These run using speed controllers with thermistors to provide a basic temperature control. The fans themselves are very solidly made and run from 20% to full speed.

Certainly you will find cheaper fans, but to be honest, this is the kind of product that I want to fit and forget about for at least 10 years.

So far I haven't been disappointed with their products.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Have you asked the screwfix techinal helpline to explain the term ?

Rick

Reply to
Rick