Extra boiler

I have a two bedroom chalet bungalow with propane gas central heating, [obscenely expensive to run], I have bought a 7 kw dual fuel stove to put in the fireplace. The stove can be fitted with an optional back boiler, Is it possible to use this boiler to supplement the gas boiler and thus reduce the gas bill? The gas boiler is a bosch Worcester combi that is fitted at the other end of the house. There is a radiator 8 feet away from the fireplace, can I tap into this with a suitable pump or are major plumbing works required? Thank you for reading, Regards to all, Tom.

Reply to
saabtech

Yes and no. If your system was a conventional open vented system, rather than a combi, things would be much simpler. As it stands, you would need to make quite a few modifications to allow your stove to supplement your heating.

There are lots of different ways of achieving this. My preferred method would be to convert the system to a heat bank setup, and use both the boiler and the stove as heat inputs. The only snag is you'll need to find space for a tank, minimum 120 litres or so.

Reply to
Grunff