External Security Light with LEDs

My external Security Light has finally given up the ghost and needs to be replaced.

Its got a 300 Watt halogen bulb in it, which was dead handy for illuminating the back of the house if i needed to be doing something out there and it was a bit dark.

I thought i would try to get a replacement that uses LEDs, instead of a Halogen Bulb. One that approximated the 300 Watt Halogen Bulb light-output would be ideal.

Does anyone know if there is a fairly decent Security Light now on the market that would do this, and have a similar lightoutput ? Thanks

Reply to
P Bentley

The only 300w equivalent that I know of is a Steinel XLED25 but it is a bit expensive.

I looked at them some time ago but given the likely operating savings against initial cost I went for their HS500W fitting
with a 230/300w halogen lamp. Steinel kit is well made and reliable given my experience with their sensors over many years.

Reply to
rbel

I bought the 20W version of this. Shoddy wiring and too short a flex to go through the wall but, after some rewiring, seems to work ok. Not as bright as the halogen I had before (wattage unknown, but whatever the standard was 10 years ago).

Reply to
stuart noble

What about two smaller ones?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

CPC were punting their range the other day:

The 50W is on special offer if you use this link:

John Rumm

Search for 'LED Motion Light' I've had one mounted outside for 6 months now.

10.00 and excellent value.
Reply to
Jim Hawkins

I used two Lloydtron 30W ones from CPC in order to get the coverage I wanted, and I've used a fair few of the 10W ones, and they've all been absolutely fine.

One point is that the beam of light is extremely wide, so you can mount these lights close to the target area.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

With the best will in the world, I don't see an AA powered LED matching a 300W halogen ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Always amazed how many 300 - 500 watt floodlights are poorly situated and aimed. People try to illuminate the air with them! (This group excepted of course)

Reply to
DerbyBorn

He said it's what it's got - not what it needs. How many people need a 300 Watt halogen to light their drive ?

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

I've used these

with these