Excess condensation leaking from washer-dryer

Hi, my washer dryer has always had a bit of condensation that drips from the holes in the handle of the top-left drawer (where you put the powder) but lately has got much worse, to the extent there is a puddle of water on the floor under the drawer at the end of the dryer cycle.

Any ideas what causes this and how to reduce it?

It's an Indesit WDG1295W purchased 20/01/01.

Thanks.

Reply to
Phillip Brown

Phillip, Is the mains water pressure very high? It could be that when it washes the soap from the tray some water is spraying over the edge. We had to restrict the flow as it was doing this for us.

Graham

Reply to
Graham Tavener

I'll check, but it seems to happen during drying rather than washing -- lots of hot drips of water falling off the top of the tray.

Reply to
Phillip Brown

Have you been cleaning the condensor heat exchanger, if it has one? You should clean it every month or two, at least with a separate dryer. I don't know about washer dryers.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Have you noticed if it also takes longer to dry things?

Could be that the path to the vent hole is partially blocked with accumulated material. Its worth having a look and clearing out. May require dismantling and flushing.

HTH

Rob

Reply to
Rob K

The instructions don't call for that and I don't know where it is as there is nothing that sounds like that accessible.

Reply to
Phillip Brown

Thanks, but it's drying just great. There was some lint that was cleaned out during a recent warranty repair, and he told me to run an empty cycle every 2 months to keep that away.

Reply to
Phillip Brown