GFCI Outlet and Washer and Dryer

I decided to install a GFCI outlet for my washer and dryer. I purchased the latest version that completely stops the current and a little light goes on when it is tripped. The service panel has a 15 amp fuse for the washer and dryer.

Can low voltage trip one of these outlets? This was a few days ago. We only have 80 amp service. Two AC's were running at the time but on other circuits.

The washer and dryer circuit has two 2-receptacle outlets and one

1-receptacle outlet for a total of five plug receptacles. So there are a washer, dryer, cordless dust buster, an emergency lamp and radio.

I didn't see it but I was told turning on the 10 watt clock radio tripped the GFCI outlet. The washer and dryer were running. I don't know how this could have happened. I tried to reproduce it just on the Washer and dryer circuit but I couldn't. Any Ideas?

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John

Why?

Reply to
DaveG

I agree with Dave "Why"? Also if your dryer is 220 are you sure you have the right size fuses for the drier.

ChrisW

New & Improved - N/F John wrote:

Reply to
ChrisW

Hi,

*Some* info on GFI outlets from the appliance manufactures....

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff