Evensong

Dear Peter,

I wanted to thank you for your sermon this evening. Reflecting on it on the way home - planning what I would tell Ros - I realised just how good it was.

Always a very blessed time at Torpenhow in at sung evensong, but something quite special tonight.

Thanks.

Richard.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Don't mention it, and I promise that next week I'll be sober.

Reply to
Phil L

Don't you just *hate* it when that happens?

And I'm sure the Rev will be very chuffed to have his email address broadcast on the net...

Reply to
Lobster

The Rev???

What does that mean?

Such information is in the public domain.

I'd like to know more about the sermon.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You should stay off the communial wine.

Reply to
George

Drop Peter Streatfeild - probably field - a line. You have his address. I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Depends which Rev it is. If it's the one that runs my ISP....!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Communion perhaps?

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Well that's be this guy then

pic down.

Mind you........I'm not sure if it's a football team or rugby ;-))

Reply to
RW

Oh dear. Sorry for the noise everyone. I haven't done that for years.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Don't apologise. It was really amusing. ;-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

You should a) learn to spell and b) learn the difference between a service and an office :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Don't apologise, it's thrown up some interesting responses. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience. Sung evensong isn't heard often.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Madam,I'll spell some words the way I think they should be spelt ie Communial looks and sounds more correct than Communal,same as 'Business' this should be spelt 'Buisness'.

Reply to
George

that's as maybe, but it's "communion", not "communal" anyway (not sure how you would mis-spell that!)...

"I'll spell words how I like..." is one thing (up to you), "should be spelt" is another thing entirely (incorrect)!

:o)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

George wrote in

Denjfog jcd loihjcwq hxwqop *ikjhcewq* po iwdqohbcwq jdwqlkndw.

Reply to
PeterMcC

Well don't complain if someone takes it all the wrong way then.

There are plenty of examples where huge problems have arisen due to sloppy spelling and punctuation.

Imagine a will where someone said

'and I leave it all to my eldest brother's children' as compared to 'I leave it all to my eldest brothers' children'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Is that the registration key for installing my new copy of Windows? Cool!

:-)

Reply to
Adrian C

Vg'f nyy qbhoyr qhgpu gb zr??

-- Obo Znaavk

Reply to
Bob Mannix

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

But there is only one eldest brother anyway. Why should his kids have all of it, they never worked a day in their lives, the lazy bastards.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon