Boch green planer

Has anyone taken off the metal sole plate on one? If so, what is the correct way to re fit it? front end in first, or rear end in first?. I have had mine apart to clean up the blade holder and after setting it up, I find that one securing screw for one blade is catching the sole plate underneath it.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

There are models and models and models and probably more models that might differ over the years.

Lesson learnt there. Whenever you are taking something apart its worth the aggro of videoing you taing it apart,then its just a matter of reversing every thing thats on the video footage when putting the item back together should you encounter problems on its assembly.

Reply to
George

It's workable now, thank gawd. One thing I had done wrong was to put the plate that tightens the blades under another plate were put back 180% out. This was due to having to set up the blade holder on one side. The 'another plate' is slotted to enable the blades to be pre set for the same nominal height, otherwise one blade will be doing more work than the other. It's back in it's box now, waiting for the next job.

As to taking things apart, I am usually very logical about it and parts get laid out in the order and way they come apart. After breaking down some very complicated things in my time, this was about 1 on the scale to a hundred in difficulty. 1 being the lowest

My main problem and I have had this in the past was which way to re clip the sole plate back on. However after a drink or so, the alcohol kicked the brain into gear and I finished the job about 10 minutes ago :-)

Thanks for the reply.

Dave

Reply to
Dave