Estimating Extension Building Costs

I have been looking at a number of properties recently some of which could do with some extension to fully meet our needs. Is there a reasonably accur ate method of arriving at a price perhaps based on the square metre area of the proposed extension. I realise that there are a number of variables tha t can have a major effect on price, such as access, amount of excavation an d building materials. If there is such a calculator and would there be regi onal differences to take into account?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Maybe

Currently the offer price is £7.50 if you add it to the basket and not the quoted £20

Reply to
alan_m

Not that surprising since it's 7 years' out of date ;-)

However, for some reason and in my experience over the past 20 years, £1000/m2 is often mentioned.

Reply to
RJH

Jewsons do a *build cost* calculator with some selectable fiddle factors.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Plus ?500 for additional floors Plus a thousand pounds for every degree of ground slope.

Reply to
harryagain

I got a small amount of change from £20,000 for my 22m2 ground floor extension four years ago.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Thank you for all the replies, some very useful information.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky