EPC of G - how bad is this?

<but for public buildings, like Village Halls, built just after WW1, they  will have to close if that's the assessment they get.>

Ours fell into that category. Plus the roof leaked heat like a tent. We got grants with "relative" ease. Now the roof has been replaced with insulated sandwich sheeting containing 100mm of kingspan type material, the single,brick walls insulated and lined and lighting replaced with led tubes. Boiler replaced with a condensing unit via a wind farm grant. Energy costs which were the major outgoing have shown significant reduction due to the works plus some tariff armtwisting of suppliers.

Reply to
Cynic

No lED lightbulbs, no ladder for the inspector to look in the loft. Common sense should tell a buyerwhat is wronh with a EPC rating.

Reply to
alan_m

It called carpeting with a decent underlay!

Reply to
alan_m

+1

EPG reports are done by morons. I looked at the one for my parents house and had to laugh. It wasn't worth the paper it was printed on.

He failed to recognise 1970's double glazing in wooden frames or the fact that the north facing larder was deliberately single glazed to lose heat. It is worth going through the report in some detail. Some aspects were worth contesting but the rest I let go. Nobody paid much attention.

If there was one incandescent light in a seldom used cupboard then the tick box for "Not all energy saving lights" will get ticked. Since my policy on replacement is replace on fail it scored badly on that.

Reply to
Martin Brown

I don't have a lot of time for EPCs but for a long time now they've shown (and scored on) the /percentage/ of fittings with low energy lighting.

Reply to
Robin

Asbestos 'tiles' roof. V popular in Cornwall for some reason.

Also mundic block single-skinned walls.

Reply to
Andrew

At least asbestos is insulating :-)