Energy Performance Certificate - new one needed?

Not seen one of these before and as I have been in this house for some time never had one performed on this house. As it is a row of identical semis built in the late 1980's I thought I would see if I could get an idea of what was being said.

Blow me, next door but one had one produced in April 2014 one of the "recommendations" (admittedly the last of 10 recommendations after fitting solar Water heating and solar PV was to fit a WIND TURBINE.........)

At a cost of £1500 to £4000 (their figures) and a payback rate of £86/yr (again their figs) this makes a payback period of 17 to 46 years. And they are "recommending" that this be done - I am speechless.

This in the bottom of a hollow on a modern-ish housing estate.

Reply to
news

We had the same when we had an EPC done a couple of years ago. I laughed.

Reply to
Huge

It could be tempting, if it means you get a bargain because the seller has a lower price because of lack of fees.

However, I just looked up one of the online agencies (housesimple):

95+VAT for listing on their own network (probably pointless) 95+VAT for 3 months Rightmove 100+VAT for de-listing (if advert runs for less than a year) (among many optional fees)

Which isn't a lot, but I question why there's a fee for pulling the advert. It's just paying them to post an advert after all, it's not like they lose commission.

I suppose it could be handy if you have a house in a hot market - worth a try to see if anyone bites before rolling in the big guns?

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos