Energy monitor installation...

http://jab-tech.com/4-Pin-Molex-PCI-Bracket-Black-Connectors-Sleeved-OK303-pr-2475.html
You need a fuse.. I have seen the wires glowing red after a 12V PC power supply has been shorted. They lasted a good few minutes as we left it on to see what would fail first. The potential for a fire is quite high.

I had a smart meter fitted and it will pickup low level standby power.

Mine would be the pond pump, fish tank filters/lights/heaters, router, NAS, WAP, sky box, mail server, alarm, fridge, freezer, outside light/pir, security camera, CH timer..
dennis@home wrote:

You forgot the nurse call alarm.
--
Adam

* Sometimes I like to lay in my neighbours garden and pretend to be a
On 26/11/2011 09:12, Brian Gaff wrote:

Got any O's?

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 11:08:19 +0000, The Medway Handyman

Bill hooks.
On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 09:19:19 -0800 (PST), Jonathan wrote:

I've been comparing mine now for just a year or so - mine under-reads multiplying by 1.09 on the comparison spreadsheet is enough to match it generally.
Managed to get 160kWh per week down to 100 KWh over the course of a year - base load is now down to about 70W, fridge freezer and freezer kicks in to push it up to 350 on a regualr basis.
My currentcost meter feeds a netbridge which feeds a pachube free account so gives 24/7 data across the internet/smartphone etc without running a computer.
--
(º•.¸(¨*•.¸ ¸.•*¨)¸.•º)
<.•°•. Nik .•°•.>

Does it matter?
If your initial usage is n power monitor units and after a week of discovering what takes unnecessary power the usage is n/2 power monitor units then you are saving money.
Don't forget to set the unit price at 41p to show your kids how much "green" energy costs.
--
Alan
news2009 admac myzen co uk
On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 09:19:19 -0800 (PST), Jonathan wrote:

My CurrentCost is pretty damn close, maybe half a unit/day out on about 20 units. I did find that the clamp is pretty sensitive to cable position and orientation. The most accurate result is with the cable tight to the inside of the jaws and the cable running at right angles to the clamp. Just clipped around hanging loose isn't good enough.
--
Cheers
Dave.