Enamel bath cleaning

Not on the sides where the tidemark was shurely?

Reply to
Jim K..

Have a new steel/enamel bath that, due to lack of space, has been stored outdoors awaiting installation, rainwater has pooled in it, with decomposed leaves etc, so not ideal. I pressure washed the green gunge off it today but a tidemark stubbornly remained in the bottom, even the p/w turbo nozzle wouldn't touch it.

Tried a product called 'Cramer Email Star' applied with a damp microfibre cloth, doesn't need much more than gentle rubbing and then rinsing off, spotless ... recommended!

Reply to
Andy Burns

odd name

Reply to
tabbypurr

I thought so

Andy Burns

angle grinding is cheaper :)

Is there a downside to using this polishing paste? Could it make the surface too slippery to be safe when stepping in or out of the bath?

Reply to
alan_m

Can't see one, although it certainly does contain polishing ingredients, it felt more like cleaning than polishing to use it, so their claim that it is matched to enamel's hardness seems true, they do another version for acrylic baths

Not a problem with this bath, it has sand sprinkled within the enamel for grip.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I think the German for enamel is Email. :)

Interesting that Star has crept into their language in place of Stern.

Reply to
GB

Yes I'd expect it to be called something like Gunge Gone. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I've found bleach useful in such circumstances.

Reply to
harry

I avoided that because previously, I've found bleach made the enamel go rough.

Reply to
Andy Burns

It seems email (or emaille) is German for enamel and star is German for gleam.

Reply to
Andy Burns

But you said it has sand embedded in the enamel. Doesn't get much rougher than that, surely ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Reply to
Andy Burns

[bugger clicked too soon]

But that's in a specific pattern on just one part of the bath.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Enamel is glass should be impervious to chemicals/

Reply to
harry