Chipped enamel bath

Having managed to drop an iron in the (relatively new) enamel bath of our rented house (don't ask!), and make a small (>5 mm diam.) chip in the enamel, I repaired it once with one of the standard repair kits. This worked fine for several months, but the repair eventually came away. I presume I had prepared the chip inadequately. Any tips?

Keith

Reply to
Keith Dunbar

No experience of this problem but if the damaged area is under water when the bath is in use then I suspect that it will not last as long as a repair to a damaged area that is mostly dry. There are professional bath repair companies but I don't know whether their repairs last longer than diy.

DIY