Elfin Safety Funny

Quoted in a letter to DT today. Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

Reply to
bert

A racy jigsaw, then.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Or one with pendulum action ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Smiths are diversifying! Or was is a stationary one?

Reply to
Bob Eager

How many pieces? Perhaps the picture was a naked fireman holding his hose.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I've not yet seen a mobile one. Libraries, yes - but even they do have to become stationary periodically.

Reply to
Richard

It's probably because of the age warning on the box "unsuitable for children under 3 years old".

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

:-)

Reply to
newshound

Being DIY, I read this first as being a "proper" jigsaw.

I suppose though that a cordless jigsaw could be just as much an effective offensive weapon as a simple knife, so perhaps should come under the current "Not for sale to under 16's" rule.

Reply to
newshound

Me too at first. Then the penny dropped that it was a joke.

Reply to
Richard