Electronic Water Softeners.

There you go. Positive proof.

Reply to
IMM

Buy enough beer and you'll get all the flashing lights you want.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Alright, so I'm being pedantic. You said.....

....the operative word being 'have'.

If they had been used in series, I was curious to know how you could be sure that the 'electronic' descaler so beloved of you was working.

Reply to
Wanderer

No need. You just need to step out in faith...... .andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Prosecuting counsel: "I understand that you were following the vehicle" IMM: "I was on a motorway" Prosecuting counsel turns to the jury.. "And that, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is all I shall do in establishing the competence of this witness"

*roars of laughter from the bench*.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

How many pints have you had?

Reply to
IMM

Sadly, none. Its my natural brilliance and liberal education shining through.

Anyway, I try not to drink beer.

I find beer drinkers are mostly stupid and fart a lot.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, I'll agree on the latter, but I'm not *that* stupid.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

The ale is taking hold.

A snotty uni gives a "liberal" education? Oh they really got at you didn't they.

OK you are on meths then.

Reply to
IMM

Christian, he is a fine example how meths can take hold of the brain.

Reply to
IMM

And he thinks that 'meth' refers to methylated spirit too. What a sheltered life he has led, to be sure.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You have a lisp too.

Reply to
IMM

I don't and I will thcweam and thcweam until you are thick, tho there. Exthept you are thick already.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You do have a lisp.

Reply to
IMM

Actually assuming these devices did reduce scale in the water that passes by them (which they don't) then they would reduce existing scale over time, as it would slowly dissolve back into the now less-scaled water.

Reply to
R W

Can you explain why mine does then?

A quick scan of Google brings up:

In article snipped-for-privacy@eng.cam.ac.uk>, Alistair S Ross snipped-for-privacy@eng.cam.ac.uk> writes

Tests at City University about 6-7 years ago showed that limescale adhered less if there was magnetic treatment of the water. Experiments on other systems were less clearcut.

One tested whether milk fats would be deposited less in pipework. This involved pumping fifty gallons of milk round a line for several days. At the end of the experiment,the milk,now "off", was pumped down the drain - the smell lingered for weeks !

For "how", suggest you try the University Library - Chemistry Journals - Chemical Abstracts - possibly J.D.Donaldson as author.

Reply to
IMM