electrical wiring and gromments

Hi, can you all help me?

Should I be using grommets in metal boxes and which type open or closed?

many thanks

Laurie

Reply to
Laurie

Since the purpose in a domestic environment is just to protect the cable from chafing on the sharp edge, open ones are quicker to fit.

They cost so little by the box I can't see any reason not to use them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Thanks for your replies,

I have been trying to put in the open ones, but the access holes are on the back and are distorting the box and forcing it further out (past the plasterboard line)

If they are ommited will they:

a. compulsory by the IEE regs?

b. cause a deviation if inspected?

Many thanks

Reply to
Laurie

In message , Laurie writes

Drill, chisel etc. a suitable hole or indent into the wood or whatever it is behind the grommets.

Reply to
chris French