Electrical fittings-poor durability?

Sorry Andrew, this time, MK are no different, justas easy to break. We always fit M accessoiries onto Contactum boxes.

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

I misread original post (see my other followup). I almost never use surface mount patress boxes.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

All the time. In utility settings, such as inside airing cupboards or next to the consumer unit.

I just wish that they had realised that if you are fitting an ugly surface mount pattress that you might even be fitting surface mounted cable and that some preformed cable knockouts would be a good idea.

I've just fitted 5 to my "airing cupboard" (there's no actual room for anything apart from the plumbing and electrics in there). A flush mounted box would have ended up in the next room, as there is only a single layer of plasterboard.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

why ever not?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Bakelite is famous for being brown, but in the 30s yellow bakelite appeared, and white followed, when I'm not sure. Brown continued in general use because it was cheaper.

Whats the plastic used for phone socket pattresses?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

ABS I think, it melts like ABS, at least I used my hot melt glue gun as a "drill" on it last week.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

And if you have a bakelite radio in anyhting other than brown you are on to a winner .. Stuart

Reply to
Stuart