Electrical connector?

Hi,

I need to change the electric terminal block connecting up my shower. The shower is rated as 8.5KW and is reccomended to use a 40A fuse.

Problem is I can only find a Terminal Block rated to 30A. Will this do?

Thanks Adrian

Reply to
adrian

Not sure but I saw some terminal/chocolate blocks at B&Q the other day rated at 60A.

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed

In message , adrian writes

No, an 8.5 kW shower will draw 37A at 230V.

You can get 60A choc blocks.

Reply to
chris French

Noting your other post about this, i.e.

I suggest you contact the shower manufacturer's service dept. and obtain an official spare part.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Think you should note what Andy said and get the offical spare part if poss.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

No. TLC do 60A ones - (they're the elliptical ones). They are expensive but when you open one up you can see how much better made they are.

Reply to
Mike