Electric Storage Heaters

My brother in law wants to replace 20 year old night storage heaters in his bungalow; I said ask you lot for advice but it turns out his ISP have gone out of the usenet business, so while he's signing up with news individual I thought I'd ask.

I don't know much about it, they're about a metre square and mebbe 6 inches thick. I would guess a couple of kilowatts? He usualyy has A portable gas heater to supplement them.

So, what's good, who's a good stockist, and not too expensive.

Any advice would be extremely welcome, he hasn't really considered the subject fo 20 yrs!

mike

Reply to
mike ring

On 10 Feb 2005 15:06:58 GMT, mike ring strung together this:

CEF do a Dimlex-alike-old-style-decent-but-cheap own brand storage heater.

The Dimplex website has some charts for sizing up the heaters, ignore the model numbers, just go into CEF with a list of sizes, (kW, not physical), and away you go.

Reply to
Lurch

Lurch wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thanks, Lurch, there's one of them fairly close, (assuming by Barrow on Furness they mean Basildon).

We'll have a look

mike

Reply to
mike ring