Electric cable: location marking

1970s house. Breezeblock + plaster inner walls. Whilst taking the tiles off in the kitchen, near the fuse box, a patch of plaster came away revealing what seemed to be thin wood(?!) in the wall. I also saw a grey cable -- which I take to be one of the ring main circuits.

  • I patched the wall up and have marked the location of the grey cable with an arrow scratched on the wall. Is there a standard symbol for marking the location of electrical mains cables (E, perhaps?)

  • Is it possible someone used wooden trunking for the electric cables prior to plastering?

Bruce

Reply to
bruce_phipps

I would just write with a felt tip pen in large letters 'CABLES HERE'. Should be obvious then!!!!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

On 10 Feb 2005 07:37:58 -0800, bruce snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com strung together this:

Nope, big lines and "CABLES HERE" usually does the trick. They should be above, below or to the side of a socket. If they are, they don't need marking, if they're not, then no amount of markings, BS or not, will make it right.

Reply to
Lurch