Electric Shower Question : Update .

I said before I wanted to se what happened at the w/end as it was prev w/ends I had the problem .
Last night ( Fri) I went to bed and the pressure gauage was showing 4 Bar ...all week the elec shower has been working perfectly .
This morning around 0930 hrs it was showing 1 Bar and listening to the rising main behind the p/board I could hear water running so someone or something was drawing off cold water . It is now 1045 hrs and still I can hear water running and the pressure remains at 1 bar and the elec shower will not heat up ....same as last w/end .
It's unlikley to be anything deliberate after all that time so I'm trying to suggest to myself what it could be . Could it be a toilet overflow operating . There is no overflow ejecting to the outside so it might be a toilet with an internal overlow but would that make the pressure drop so much .
I'm open to suggestions .
Stuart

Upstairs neighbour said that she was having same problems and she would 'phone Scotish Water . Told me after that they said they had a list of complaints as long as your arm and would get someone out on Monday ...They did say that they were doing work locally and certainly a nearby street has a trench dug and it looks like SW that are there ..

Sorry, don't have too much to offer, except that this does sound like a SW problem. It would be a good idea to record a diary(*) of the pressure, taps off & on throughout the day so as to circumvent their inevitable, "look it's fine" when they turn out and the pressure is at its highest for weeks.
(*) these look scientific and appear to impress the masses, I'm sure you can start one now that shows the problem going back several weeks ;-)
If you're writing, remember to tell them your shower is only spec'd to operate over 1bar.
Good luck.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla

I recall reading somewhere that water companies are only required to supply you with 1 bar pressure at pavement level.
A quick google search doesn't find that, but there's a reference to a minimum delivery of 9l/m at 10m head, and the water mains (companies not yours) needing to maintain 15m (about 1.5 bar) pressure minimum. A record of all reports of low pressure must be kept because of the danger of backflow into the mains if the pressure drops too low.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 24 Mar 2007 13:35:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

In my case it's not just about low pressure today .it's the fact that it has been 3+ Bar up to now and suddenly it has dropped so clearly there is a problem and water companies are required ,are they not,to fix all leaks . Stuart

Hopefully that's not the case here, Stuart's on the 2nd floor so there won't be much pressure left with his taps at say 30' off the ground.