electric shower-no pressure

The electric shower is letting through very little water, so little the low pressure warning comes on and the water is not heated, as a safety measure I presume. The water pressure at tyhe taps seems the same as usual. Is it time for a new shower or is there something i can do?

Its a mira sport.

cheers Roy

Reply to
misterroy

hi roy, check that the shower head is not blocked, limescale etc, dismantle it to check, the other thing it could be is the inlet filter blocked with debris, this is i think located just inside the cold water inlet spigot meaning you will have to disconnect the water pipe to take it out.

i checked the drawing of the mira sport there seems to be loads of different models, it would be usefull to find out the exact model (label inside) please dont forget to isolate the power beforehand. have a look here for spares and drawings etc, the mans very good although a little pricey, dont tell him that ha ha.

regards bob

Reply to
burbeck

Visited a friend with a mira shower a while back who had the same problem. It turned out that the temperature had been turned to hot far too much (i.e. two or three complete complete turns), so it really slowed the water down, and the heater went off. Turning it back to cold again (lots) fixed the problem.

I know this sounds simple, but it had me stumped for a while, and could be what's up...

Reply to
Matthew Newton