Electric mosquito killers (blue light)

I've heard that the electric insect killers with the blue light and satisfying sound:

1) Don't attract mosquitos. 2) Can make things worse as they attract lots of insects, some of which may be killed from time to time.

I'm talking about a garden scenario in the holiday home, by the way. Any

*proven* ways to keep the critters at bay, say during a nice outdoor BBQ? I heard something about coils, but not sure if they are the best thing for the job.
Reply to
TD

little 'D-I-Y' project.

Reply to
Jake

Demo video

Jake

Try good garden hygiene. Get rid of anything holding standing water.

Go indoors when the sun sets or about 1 hour before sunset.

The real nasty biters are horse-flies; a large, mottled pebble grey, moth-like creature that raises quite a boil and the ache lasts for what may seem like weeks.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

regime that works for us. I dont bother during sunlight hours but as it starts to get dark I ensure I wear long trousers and long sleeves and I apply lotion (not deet) when sitting outdoor at the villa I have a light on away from where we sit (that is brighter) and that seems to attract them away from us, I have tried the burning coils and were no use. Now maybe my body has just got immune to them but rarely do I react any more.-

Reply to
ss

In message , TD writes

Catnip