Electric Economy 7 time (new electronic meter)

I've just had a new Elect Meter that has replaced the old meter and time clock. (I didn't ask for it they just did it whilst fitting an isolator that I had requested)

My old set-up did not account for GMT/BST and hence in the winter the economy 7 period was 00:30 to 07:30 and in the summer it was 01:30 to

08:30. I believe that the new meter/time clock adjust automatically for GMT/ BST but I have no idea what the economy 7 period is set for !!

Anyone know how I can check this ? The Meter is a Landis Gyr model with a single digital display and a button on the left side which togles the display but non of the readings appear to make sense...

Andy

Reply to
ac1951

I hve recently had a 3-phase economy 10 meter fitted. It is marked as AMPY model 5192J, but the underlying meter is landis and gyr. The button cycles through the displays R1 = rate 1 usage R2 = rate 2 usage Tot = total for me rate 1 is the cheap rate and rate 2 the normal rate. The time and time periods are programmed into mine and cannot be changed without reprogramming. The clock is 5 minutes out and forever will be! You can hear a relay or contactor click when it changes periods (It allows for a switched supply although I do not use it that way)

Have you got a model number for yours? We might be able to look it up.

Your electricty supplier will tell you what the economy 7 periods are meant to be and they are certainly on some of the websites.

Regards BruceB

Reply to
BruceB

It's quite likely to be a teleswitch which is radio-controlled. There should be either a second off-peak-only output, or a low current terminal to control a contactor (relay) for your storage heaters.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Is it one of these:

believe meters need to be replaced every 20 years.

On mine the button selects through : Time, Date, Day Units, Night Units, Total.

Reply to
John

John, Yes it's the 5254E - x I checked the technical data sheet at the link you posted but it doesn't explain the various display options. I also notice that yours doesn't give you any indication of the economy7 start and stop time. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to change it I just want to know what it is !!

thanks Andy

Reply to
ac1951

why dont you ask them?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Gosh !! why didn't I think of that ............. You clearly have never tried to get an answer to this type of question from the supplier. Their answer :- Supplier - well it switches over in the night so any elect you use is charged at a lower rate. Me - yes I understand that, but could you tell at what time it changes. Supplier - for 7 hours during the night. Me - ok, but at what time does the 7 hour period start Supplier - That's ok but you don't need to worry about it, it happens automatically ...

Reply to
ac1951

I went through a similar requirement with EDF. Somewhere on their website they reserved the right to adjust the time at which the 7 hour period started/stopped. So perhaps in some un-helpful way the supplier was correct in their answers to you. Normally the meter provides a switchover signal for the loads you only want to use E7 power. I assume that this is still the case for teleswitched meters. Mine is controlled by an external clock and so remains constant with respect to GMT all year round.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin