Elec Shower Problems

I have an Aquatronic 3 elec shower which is a Triton in disguise . I put in about 3 months ago to replace my Triton Ivory ,the pull switch and cable ( 10mm) being replaced at the time .

Since then it has worked well .Last Saturday there was a considerable reduction in water flow and Scottish Water said that there was a burst or leak nearby and it would be sorted on the Monday .

Monday came and went and the shower was back to normal but on Tuesday when I switched it on it just ran cold but eventually came warm . It did this yesterday and today as well so clearly something is wrong .It also seems unstable when it does eventually get warm .

It's obviously still in warranty so I'll call out Triton but I was wondering if the reduction in water supply has had anthting to do with this problem .I wasn't proposing to mention it in case Triton try to wriggle out of fixing it but surely these units must be able to deal with such eventualities as they could happen anywhere,anytime .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart B

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 09:35:16 +0000 someone who may be Stuart B wrote this:-

It may be that the work meant that debris got into the water mains and some of this has partly blocked something in or on the way to the shower.

That is one of the disadvantages of the fashion for feeding things from the mains. Debris is better settled at the bottom of a storage tank than gumming things up.

Reply to
David Hansen

It should of had a filter on the mains water in, little mesh thing.

Check this for crap, if you or the installer did not fit it, when triton come out they will charge you if it is not in place.

Reply to
PhilÅ

Sorry, was meant to say the MAY charge you if it is not in place.

Reply to
PhilÅ

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 09:35:16 +0000, Stuart B mused:

Can't say as I know of an electric shower that _doesn't_ work like this.

Reply to
Lurch

Well up until recently I had one and the ones before it worked Ok as well...

Reply to
Stuart B