Elec. Regs. query

I'm wiring up my conservatory. Obviously I'm going to employ a qualified electrician to make it live.

My question is regards to conduit (white, plastic). Can I run it horizontally and comply with the regs?

Thank you.

Mark

Reply to
mark b

If it's surface-run - run it anywhere you like.

If it's concealed in the fabric - if you can get it more than 2ins (50mm) deeper than the surface - run it anywhere you like.

Otherwise... horizontal runs should be confined to within 6 inches of the ceiling/wall junction (yeah right, in a conservatory! ;-) or horizontally from visible accessories (sockets, switches, and the like).

Bear in mind that the widely-available 20mm-diam round conduit is scarcely man enough to take two 2.5mmsq T&Es - singles is what's normally used within conduit...

HTH, Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

You could run it diagonally or in circles and it would still comply with the regs.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I should mention that this is assuming the wiring is surface mounted on the conservatory.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle