Earthquake

See what you mean now - this is a strange council/JS cooperative thing. So in that sense it is a public-type car park.

Other choices are Morrisons or spending on petrol instead.

Reply to
Rod

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

Ooh, are we? I got this fleece there - £3 and just as warm as if I'd paid £30. Us old ladies needn't worry about hypothermia when we've got Primark.

And the little Asian kid that sews them gets 0.3p to take home to its mum.

Reply to
MadCow

Our main town centre Sainsburys have to charge because of lease/PP from the council. The fee is refunded if you spend a nominal amount in the store, and are less than 2 hours. As a result it is a good place to park for distress purchases in the town centre.

Reply to
<me9

Something weird at the SavaCentre in Merton - basically a large Sainsburys, Andy. ;-) They're adding an M&S branch in it. Food hall as well. Perhaps we can look forward to B&Q and Homebase under the same roof too?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well the smallish car park at the smallish Sainsburys next to Balham station is free - and you don't have to use the Sainsburys to qualify for free parking either. You do need to get a ticket from the machine and it's restricted to two hours. And enforced. If that can be free next to a station which is both tube and overground so a magnet for commuter parking I'd say anywhere can be.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well thats better than an organic leak anyway.

Cue drains puns..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 23:22:22 GMT, had this to say:

Because of its proximity I tend to use JS as my local "corner shop", apart from certain items which they deem to Not Stock, even though they are apparently a regional place for home delivery.

I still use other horribblemarkets nearby. I like green coloured lavatory paper and the only place I've found that has been at Asda, so I occasionally go there - they also have free-range local large eggs which JS don't seem interested in. Asda's a horrible place otherwise.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I'm sure it is, but it looks like a spring onion at a glance.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Weird indeed. I wonder how the reconcile that one.

Reply to
Andy Hall

So what happens if you go with a genuine desire to purchase something and they are either out of stock, or don't stock what you wanted?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thats shallot then.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We have Moben occupying part of our local Homebase. They must have been desperate for the rent.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Had that happen at a manned supermarket car park (Morrisons) where they used to ask to see receipts as you left. It had about the only cash machines with such 'free' car parking. Bloke always nodded me out.

Also, what if you have a genuine return to make?

But in reality, I have a bundle of car park receipts that I use when I go there after 19:00 when it is free to park.

Reply to
Rod

They genuinely desire payment anyway.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Do you do one liners like that as part of your "second career"?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Rarely that good alas..........

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

A few bottles of beer or groceries (which are needed anyway) will cover the minimum purchase. the distress purchases are at other town centre shops, and you have two hours to get them and the beer.

Reply to
<me9

It's a bit small for even that. Leeks should be getting on for a foot circumference at least.

Reply to
<me9

Circumference?

Reply to