earth bonding and speedfit push-on tap conectors

Hi,
I'm installing a new acrylic bath using speedfit flexible tap connectors to connect to the existing copper pipe supply.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp ;jsessionid=0NXY25CNK44J0CSTHZOSFFA?cId1316&ts923&id9492
What impact does the use of plastic connectors have on equipotential bonding?
Do I need to fit earthing straps both sides of the speedfit connector, or just fit them on the tap end only, or supply end only?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
--Mike
Mike Smith wrote:

I'd suggest that the tap sides need including in the bonding, but the feed sides won't if the copper pipework is already bonded elsewhere (e.g. near the basin taps), the pipe runs being fairly short and direct with all joints being soldered capillary types. Otherwise include both sides.
--
Andy

Mike Smith wrote:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp ;jsessionid=0NXY25CNK44J0CSTHZOSFFA?cId1316&ts923&id9492
i>
You need earth bonding both sides of any flexible tap connector. The central core of the tap hoses are EDPM (Synthetic Rubber) The stainless steel braiding is not neccessarily in contact with the brass fittings. In the case of a Speedfit ended hose, having a plastic fitting, there is no electrical connection whatsoever.

I must admit that the question of earth bonding in bathrooms and kitchens has me totally confused . If I was asked why it is necessary then my answer would be to ensure that if taps etc become live then the power goes to earth via the earthing connection and trips the CB or blows the fuse so that anyone touching the tap etc doesnt get fried as,without the earting "they" would be the earth . I'm confused as to why taps etc would become live .
Can someone explain the earthing process simply and explain why it is necessary and what affect using plastic piping has on the process.
thx Stuart

connectors
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp ;jsessionid=0NXY25CNK44J0CSTHZOSFFA?cId1316&ts923&id9492
or
has me

if
connection
doesnt
necessary
The link is an article from the IEE, now IET. It is informative on the reasons for supplementary bonding in bathrooms; and plastic pipes etc. Earth bonding to taps in kitchens is not required. The reason for supplementary bonding in bathrooms, is to ensure that all relevant metalwork is at the same potential, to reduce the shock risk. http://www.iee.org/Publish/WireRegs/WiringMatters/Documents/PreIssue14/1999_6_autumn_plastic_pipes_to_bond_or_not_to_bond.pdf

Your getting mixed up. Bonding is required in bathrooms, there is no requirment for kitchens. Bonding is NOT earthing, they are seperate things. Bonding basically ensures that should a fault occure in a bathroom where metalwork becomes live, then the rest of the metalwork will also rise to the same potential and therefore there is less chance of anyone getting injured. Thats a very very simplistic overview.
Dave

is
bathroom
also
anyone
Your implies ownership: "your pen" , "your kipper" etc
You're is an abbreviation for 'you are' as in "You're getting mixed up."
AWEM (sorry to be pedantic)

Sorry Sir, will try harder ;)
Dave

mixed
See me in my study later, meanwhile write 100 lines !
AWEM