e.on's heavily pushed new fixed tariff

Ta, inc or ex VAT I think inc but the numbers I have are for E7 in Norweb (Electricity NW, these days) area, leccky only.

I think you might find that the £70 DD discount is a reduction in the standing charge and is already included in those standing charge rates. Rather than the combined bills actually being reduced by £70.

16.442p/day is only £59.94/year.

*IF* you have duel fuel, otherwise it's worse (I think) but the unit rates mean a £280/year saving for me so a fiver is niether here nor there.

Thanks for the heads up, presumably v10 runs to the 1st Nov 2015?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

And today the V11 deal, looks like the tide may have turned, same standing charges/discounts/ exit fees as before but unit prices now up

13.408p leccy, 4.210p gas
Reply to
Andy Burns

I should have jumped ship with the original v9 offer, v10 on E7 was good but only £100 saving compared to the £230 on v9. In theory I'm jumping across to Scottish Power but it's gone very very quiet apart from an email asking for the meter number. SP give similar saving to v10 but no exit fee.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

v12 has landed, cheaper than v9

11.592p and 3.434p
Reply to
Andy Burns

Which region and are you sure about those rates?

Just gone through a comparision site and got for the Norweb (16) region E.on Fixed Price 1 Year V12: 14.133 day, 6.027 night (inc 5% VAT). V9 was 11.708 4.966.

Scottish Power 13.38 5.327 Online Fixed Price Energy Dec 2015 is still the cheapest for me.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

East Midlands, yes copied & pasted from their website, which seems to have been down (except the homepage) for the past few hours

I'm not E7 ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I was on V9, moved to V10 with a £3/month saving, and I've now moved to V12 with a further £10/month saving. But my bills are quite high!

(Seeboard region)

Reply to
Bob Eager

I wasn't even getting that, "page reset during download".

So what are the two figures? 11.592p is par for the course as a non-E7 unit rate, I have 10.79 and 14.20. 3.434p/day standing charge is only £12 ish a year. Most standing charges are about £50 -

100/year. Confused.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Same E7 useage (2752 day, 11479 night) per year inc standing charges and discounts:

EDF Blue + Price promise Feb 15 - £1183.70 (was here) Scottish Power Online Fixed Dec 15 - £1074.19 (moving here)

Eon Energy Fixed 1 yr V9 - £901.87 (pooh, missed it!) Eon Energy Fixed 1 yr V10 - £1037.00 Eon Energy Fixed 1 yr V12 - £1081.43

I think V11 was about when I looked at switch which gave a very similar figure to SP. SP has no early switch penalty Eon has a fiver.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Leccy and gas per kWh, prices confirmed this morning after website recovered.

£20 dual fuel discount, £5 per fuel paperless discount, £5 per fuel exit fee,

Standing charge 16.422p/day leccy + 21.903p/day gas = £79.95/year (includes £70 direct debit discount)

Reply to
Andy Burns

V11 was more expensive than v9/v10 for non-E7, but very short lived, now V12 less expensive than v9/v10, maybe they wanted a high price on record so that in a year's time they can say "we're X% cheaper than this time last year"?

Seems like they don't want E7 business, higher priced baseload with fewer nukes running?

Reply to
Andy Burns

V14 now, E=10.868p, G=3.210p, standing charges and exit fees unchanged.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Just signed up, saving £80 per year.

Reply to
Vortex11

+1

I think that's my third change in the last few months. At least it's easy to plug the new numbers into the spreadsheet!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I have not moved from e.on for some years. In fact when they were Powergen. I have found so long as you sign up for their best deal when it's announced, you are "there or thereabouts".

Reply to
Vortex11

They've just put me onto their default - which is an economy-7 style rate.

I use almost no power at night. Must do something - and I don't want to fix right now.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

If you fix on e'on you can change to the new ones without penalty. If you decide to go elsewhere its only a tenner.

Reply to
dennis

What's the thinking?

Their unit rate changes over the last 15 months variable: gas +0.9% elec +8.3%

2 year fix: gas +8.3% elec +5.2

1 year fix gas -11.6% elec -6.6%

Reply to
Andy Burns

unchanged.

Inc or ex VAT? Region 16 electricity only has:

Std: 11.445/kWHr E7: Day 13.430/kWHr, Night 5.25/kWHr

16.422p/day (if you pay by monthly DD and take paperless billing). £5.00 exit fee.

Must have been on a poor tarrif before. The E7 would save £47 over Scottish Power (D:13.38, N:5.237, 27.39/day £0 exit) on about 15 MWHr/year (25% day). The "standard" £26 v Extra Energy (@10.44,

23.82/day, £25 exit) or cost £20 more v nPower (@14.91, 0/day, £0 exit).

All my figures inc VAT. Interesting to note that Scotish power and Extra Energy are only more expensive due to higher standing charges, the kWHr prices from both are lower.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Including VAT, they should all be including VAT if its a domestic tariff. Prices can vary by region as the costs vary by region.

Reply to
dennis