Dymo

My fairly well used all-in-one Dymo labeller is jamming - and CPC have an offer on, 50% cash back (on certain models), and it occurred one which printed from the PC would be fine for most on my uses. I'd still have the old one for where I didn't have access to the PC.

They have the LabelManager PnP USB model for 52 quid with up to 27 back according to the Dymo site. Which looks like decent value. It takes D1 labels in 6,9 and 12mm. Any comments?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have a Dymo LabelMaster 450 on my desk, and it's surprisingly useful. So, yes, go for it.

Seems to be cheaper here, though.

GB

I have the old LabelManager 450, quite a chunky beast, drivers for Win7 and Win8 are available, but it does have a habit of PnP working on one laptop, then failing on the other, then later the first one works again

must admit I've never tried to give the files/registry a proper cleaning out and re-install.

Also takes the D1 tapes, but up to 24mm, useful for labelling whole racks where you can pre-print all the labels you'll need rather than doing them one-by-one.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have the Dymo Rhino 6000, which comes with Software for Windows, to let you design labels on The PC and then uplads them to the machine for printing on site. It also works as a Standalone machine, and lets you save configurations for repeat printing. Takes D1 labels in 6,9,12,19 and 22mm. Saves me a lot of time and Labels in the long run. You can even download Templates From Dymo, and upload Graphics for printing.

Reply to
Camdor

My local Lidl had some usb labellers for ~£16 a couple of weeks ago, there may still be some in the shops.

Reply to
dennis

I have one, and it works well. The only initial disappointment was that, due to the narrowness of the tapes, there is very limited scope for the more interesting designs and borders that I gather larger machines can handle. Even with 12 mm you could only squeeze in two lines by using a tiny font.

I shopped around for tapes, and bought a few colours, and the flexible tape for cable tagging. I'm not sure if I will ever use the colours.

Overall, pleased to have bought it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Bought one from the PO shop at rather less than the CPC price and have sent off for the cash back. It does more or less the same as the old one I'm replacing it with - but far more convenient sitting there ready for use at all times - and takes up hardly any desktop space alongside the printer.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)