Durable, weatherproof adhesive for sticking UPVC board, back-to-back?

Hi all,

I need to stick two long lengths of 10mmx100mm general-purpose UPVC board back to back. This will be an exterior job and needs to last.

I have several surplus tubes of exterior frame sealant, which I think is probably acrylic. Another option might be silicone sealant. Yet another option might be expanding polyurethane foam.

Will the frame sealant be an adequate option? I want the bond to last around 30 years or so.

Many thanks, JD

Reply to
wasaol

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Acrylic doesn't last long if it stays wet. PU doesn't either, it needs to dry out fully frequently, and between 2 plastic sheets it won't. Silicone's fully water tolerant, but lacks strength in shear.

We just had a thread on gluing pvc.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

This stuff welds PVC, I've only used it on small parts, but seems OK ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

It looks worth a punt. Thank you - and thanks to the other respondees. JD

Reply to
wasaol

n.b. It's cheaper elsewhere

Reply to
Andy Burns

Confusing advert, is that perhaps for four tubes? In which case the price looks OK.

Reply to
newshound