Dunsley Neutralizer or SystemLink SystemZone

Having an oil boiler and a woodburner back boiler plumbed together so that when the oil boiler is on it heats up the woodburner circuit (! - woodburner fitted 7 years ago presumably by a qualified installer??), I am looking into the Dunsley Neutralizer or SystemLink SystemZone manifolds. Does anyone have any experience with these, or any other, solutions to the problem - especially regarding effectiveness and any recommendations on how to find an installer who knows what he's doing and hasa heard of these manifolds (I live on the east Norfolk/Suffolk border).

TIA

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

In message , Keefiedee writes

We had a thread on this, last Autumn?

AFAIR the neutraliser itself is not cheap and much of the discussion centred round plate heat stores as an alternative.

I ducked making a decision by installing a log burner with an option to retrofit a boiler.

Circuit/component details can be downloaded from the Dunsley site.

One potential issue, not raised, is that future buyers of your home may be put off by any complexity in the heating arrangements.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

But with Neutraliser (or the other device which I'll have to look at) it keeps the system simple as you have the essential open gravity loop for the woodburner and a pumped loop for the oil burner and the two don't heat each others loops. No non return or motorised valves "it just works".

All a neutraliser does is ensure that all the feed/return pipes of the heating loops are at the same static pressure. I believe that it's nothing more than a box with lots of pipe terminations on it, but never having examined one I could be wrong and would like to know if that is the case or if there is some "magic" in there

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

A search for the previous discussion hasn't worked. The ? Autumn thread looks as if ti would be interesting. Are the threads deleted after a certain time? Are they available anywhere else? I can see non-return valves might work, and would presumably be a cheaper option that I could fit myself. Are these effective?

Keith

Reply to
Keefiedee

In message , Keefiedee writes

Defective memory...

10/01/2009 Dunsley/Baker neutraliser.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

They are a waste of expensive time. Thermal stores or heat banks are the best way of incorporating differing heat sources.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

A thermal store/heat bank does the same.

It is an empty box - an expensive one as well.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel