Dummy AA battery?

Are there dangerous chargers?!?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I've heard that Bulls can be quite dangerous when they charge.

Reply to
Bod

When I was 10, me and my friends used to taunt a herd of bulls in a local field. They're not dangerous. They're too slow, too stupid, and not agile enough. None of them ever got anywhere near us, despite them being bombarded in the testicles with stones.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

____________________________

3 legged bulls were they?
Reply to
Bod

All of my solar powered garden lights are Lithium 1.2 volts.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

You know there is always some bull in uncle's posts...

Reply to
John Rumm

I bought a nitecore charger off amazon. It seems OK but I haven't taken it apart. It uses a figure 8 cable rather than a power brick.

The batteries are ultrafire off ebay, they came in a pack with the torch and charger but the charger was cr@p.

Reply to
dennis

well he is still wrong, because in reality a dry cell is working at 1.2 and a li-ion has given up at 3.6 so AT LEAST three times the voltage...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

How prudish do you have to be to censor the word crap?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Ah. I searched for "dummy AA", I should have added the word battery. Normally the battery code is enough to find them on Ebay.

I like this one: you can hide illegal drugs in it to get past airport security:

Amazon is completely f***ed altogether. The website looks like it was made by a child. There's no obvious feedback system, and it looks like it's been written back in the days of 486s. I also can never figure out if I'm buying from Amazon, a company, or an individual. Also the prices are far too high.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Devices can handle 1.2-1.6 volts per AA so they can take alkalines. So 3.6 isn't far off 3.2. I guess you could replace 2 or 3 of them with one Li cell.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

If you put Li batteries in a device designed only for NiMH, without any dummies, it wouldn't be happy.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I found a pack of 30 for 6 quid from Hong Kong. That'll do.

-- =

Peter is listening to "Eagles - Hotel California"

Reply to
Uncle Peter

A sweeping statement. It depends on the acumen of the designer and/or the intelligence of the end-user.

Reply to
Graham.

90% of the population would forget there are two voltages. And I doubt many products made before Li AAs came out would allow for having over double the voltage present in the battery compartment. It's not like it's a DC input socket where they could expect someone to select the wrong voltage on a multi voltage wall wart.
Reply to
Uncle Peter

Thank you. They do look better than many!

Reply to
polygonum

dy

ny dummies, it wouldn't be happy.

Ohmagod! WTF?

=A31 battery cha= rger?

-- =

The Archbishop of Canterbury and The Royal Commission for Political Corr= ectness announced today that the climate in the UK should no longer be r= eferred to as "English Weather". Rather than offend a sizeable portion of the UK population, it will now = be referred to as "Muslim Weather" - (Partly Sunni, but mostly Shi'ite).=

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I think I'll avoid this make, don't they know what it means in English?

Uncle Peter

dy

Triple voltage? I would think they would.

-- =

An ostrich=E2=80=99s eye is bigger than its brain.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

e:

Andy

But most things take two or more batteries.

-- =