Dry wall / fine surface filler

Have a dry lined ceiling, (Fermacell) had been gone over with a fine surface filler when new ...... but once painted you can see a couple of places where there are lines from the tool (10" flexy steel blade tool)
10 years on going to repaint ceiling ... might as well correct the imperfections ..... what would be the best product to use .... don't need a lot ....... can you suggest a ready-mixed (or powder) fine surface treatment. Will now be applied over paint ...... can lightly sand to provide a key ...... has already been washed down with sugar soap solution.
On 01/08/2020 15:01, rick wrote:

You must have developed good arm muscles putting that stuff up on a ceiling.
I would try Wickes fine surface plaster. Dries white and can be sanded down to remove imperfections.
Or even Fine surface polyfilla that comes in premixed tubs.
On 01/08/2020 17:54, Andrew wrote:

yep pretty heavy but on UK Self Build forum I set up a 'deal' I bought a telescopic board lifter - on castors so position boards with ease (as glued together, then stapled to counter battens) Then once I finished my build sold it on for 100% of cost to next member ..... that meant each person could get aboard lifter for weeks and get 100% of the money back. They are expensive to rent, and self builders cant do all boarding in a couple of days.
The wall boards were even heaving at 1/2" and I had extra length special of 2.61m rather than 2.4m

Just a couple of dry-lining took marks that have annoyed me.
Thanks
On Saturday, 1 August 2020 15:01:20 UTC+1, rick wrote:

You can use pretty much any filler, they all work. The worst I've yet experienced is poundland ready mixed tubs, the only thing I could get at one point in lockdown. But even that works.
NT

will stick to (sanded slightly) paint finish OK ?
On Sunday, 2 August 2020 10:27:25 UTC+1, rick wrote:

that's what they're designed for. Wet stick is where poundland stuff is poor, ends up some falling off so it takes an extra fill cycle.
NT