Dry lined wall fixings

Hi - I have asked a similar question in the past but I stumbled across a different approach (for plasma tv's) which I wanted to seek peoples opinions on (i.e. would this work with kitchen wall units).

My kitchen is drylined with dot and dab sticking the plasterboard to breeze blocks. I am looking at fixing some wall units to this. I have read on another site that if attaching fixings to this type of wall to try and go through the dabs as these points provide the most strength. Unfortunately I do not think that the dabs in my kitchen are in the right places for the wall units. The solution to this was to drill the initial hole through the plasterboard and use gripfill to fill the gap between the wall and plasterboard, leave this to dry for 24 hours and then use the appropriate fixing to hang the kitchen wall units.

I seem to understand the logic of this as there would no longer be a gap between the plasterboard and the breeze blocks but would this approach work?

Thanks

Matt

Reply to
tamtb

The message from "tamtb" contains these words:

Yes - very well. Just remember to give it time to set solid.

Reply to
Guy King

Or use car body filler and have a cup of coffee. It will be set by then allright :-)

Mind you getting it IN there is a problem.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Grip fill it is then, just need to avoid the power cables sunk into the wall now!

Thanks Matt

Reply to
tamtb

The message from "tamtb" contains these words:

They /should/ be only in line vertically or horizontally in line with visible fittings or in the top six inches of the wall. There's an allowance for the bottom margin too, IIRC, but I can't rememebr what it is.

Reply to
Guy King