Dremel for sharpening hedge clippers

In the past I have used an angle grinder to sharpen powered hedge clippers. Does the job but can be a but fierce. Would a dremel or alternative do the job?

Reply to
fred

I would not use either. It's best to use a flat file.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I don't think I have ever found it necessary to sharpen a powered hedge clipper. I might have removed the odd burr from when I have hit hidden fence wire. But if I were, I'd use a flat (chisel sharpening type) oilstone or perhaps these days the diamond equivalent. You should not need to touch the "cutouts".

Reply to
newshound

Files are good for sharpening these things, same as for chainsaws. I've got a Stihl easy chainsaw sharpening tool, which is excellent. I had a to see if they sell a hedge cutter sharpening tool, but apart from a cmplicated one, it seems not (after all, they're just files). This turned up though:

Chris Bacon