downlighters need smoke hoods?

I may fit downlighters in an uninsulated kitchen ceiling. Do they need smokehoods? Or could I make a smoke box using plasterboard and plasterboard cement? http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Halogen_Lighting#Non-halogen_downlighters doesnt tell me.
Fire Rated ( 60 Minutes ) and Acoustic Compliant Downlighters is 8.50 from TLC, and not directional
Intumescent Downlight Cover is 5.80 or 10.50 or 13.65
Tiltable downlights are 3.99 http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Lighting_Menu_Index/Lighting_Downlights_Index/Downlights_Mains_Voltage_Halogen/index.html
I aim to use LED bulbs, but someone in the future might fit a cheaper hotter halogen.
[g]

Only if the ceiling is a fire break such as in a 3 storey house.
--
Adam

On 15/11/10 12:00, ARWadsworth wrote:

Thanks for the advice Jk and ARW, I've ordered a few samples from TLC. [g]