Downlighter hole damage

I've some downlighters set into a plasterboard ceiling and the wire springs which hold them in place have damaged the plasterboard.

How do I repair the holes? Are there any inserts available that would slide in?

Bonding plaster will build up damaged plasterboard and you can sand it to shape once set.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

To add to the The Natural Philosopher post, I find the edges of plaster board tend to be `dusty` with loose particles, before plastering I always coat the edges with PVA to `glue` any dust.

Reply to
ss

filler or plaster, but brush the PB edges with dilute pva first & mix pva into the filler.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

There are inserts available.

GB

Yes, the manufacturer spammed them here ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

And gypsum plaster sets too hard to allow sanding.

use Wickes fine surface filler, preferably an out-of-date bag. It sets quickly but before it is dry it can be easily scraped and shaped.

Reply to
Andrew

I was just going to ask the same question - thanks!

Reply to
TMH

Did they? The only reference I can find it a post from the homeownerhub.

Reply to
ARW

Reply to
Andy Burns

Which is what I was hinting at. They spammed the homeownerhub and did not directly spam uk.d-i-y.

Reply to
ARW

Thanks. The c-fix looks like what I need.