Down-lighters - fire hoods

Can anyone recommend a good source for some fire hoods for standard Gu10 down lighters, that are protruding into a loft space and surrounded by loft insulation.

Reply to
Camdor

ceramic plant pots turned upside down. According to my BCO...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Try

Gel

Change them for LED GU10's and the risk goes away. That's what I did.

Reply to
Vortex7

Let us know when LED GU10s are available with a comparable light output to a 50W GU10 halogen.

Reply to
pcb1962

Fire hoods are not used to stop the lights catching fire but are there to keep the fire integrity of the ceiling.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I know what they are for, just looking for some recommendations if anyone has used any.

Reply to
Camdor

I do not doubt you, my reply was to Vortex 7:-)

just looking for some recommendations if

I have used very few fire hoods. I always fit fire-rated lights and not firehoods where fire rating is needed. Cheaper and faster IMHO. No help to you I know, as you already have the lights installed.

Reply to
ARWadsworth