Doubling up underground cable.

Not like anything, as far as I can make out....

Of course, we don't need to remind everyone of the "little incident" with the plastic pipe and the hacksaw, do we? That seems to be your one and only excursion from the armchair.

Reply to
Andy Hall

What "was" this incident? I've seen plenty of references to it, but I must've missed the original, since a certain person is kf'd and I only see responses to his postings ...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

A cause celebre..

Well.... the short version is that he claims that he was doing some plumbing repair for a neighbour, friend,... involving the use of some plastic push-fit plumbing fittings. All of the manufacturers of these things specify that a proper pipe cutter (slicing type, with or without ratchet) should be used.

Our friend didn't have one of these and used a hacksaw instead. The net result was that a substantial pissing of water ensued followed by an attempt to blame the manufacturer.

Suffice it to say that he has never lived down his one and only attempt at practical DIY.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, you know nothing about these things.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The manufacturer of the hacksaw?

Wonderful, innit - especially as a pipe slicer probably costs less than a hacksaw.

I'm sure that in the last ten years or so I've used a pipe slicer (or a pipe cutter) more than I've used a hacksaw (at least for "domestic" jobs).

Is DD's neighbour still a friend? Or his his "friend" still a neighbour?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Oh Matt is prattling tanked up...he goes on...

Matt, yes.

Matt, they do not. Hepworth posted on here and said you do not have to. Matt, goes on....inanely.....

Matt. but trimmed off to a perfect unburred squared end, as an am the ultimate craftsman - as Hepworth said you can do Matt - remember.... He can't at his age. Matt continues to ramble away full of new year cheer.....

Matt, wrong again. The olive was pushed out by the pipe - you know this Matt. Sirry irriot - Matt. Common occurence on plastic pushfits, one of the reasons professionals don't use them...but Matt does....all the time. Prefessionals tend to use brass compression on plastic pipes.

His house must be like the house that Jack (sorry Matt) built.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

He tried to use pushfit fittings and plastic tube. Despite the clear instructions from the maker to use a pipe cutter and to *not* use a hacksaw to cut the tube, Drivel used a hacksaw to cut the tube.

Then the fitting leaked. Drivel blamed this on the manufacturer of the fitting. OTOH experience of everyone here was that if a tube has burrs on it (caused by using a hacksaw) the burrs will scratch the sealing O-ring in the push-fit fitting and cause a leak, or worse the burred tube will displace the O-ring from its location and cause a massive leak.

Drivel has ever since argued that he is right and everyone else including the manufacturer is wrong. Total number of people reading this group who have had problems with pushfit, 1. Drivel and no one else.

I've just finished plumbing a barn using 100% pushfit. It was fast, easy and using a decent tube cutter (cost £12) I was able to get through the job far faster than I could install copper tube.

BTW, when challenged about this Drivel gets nasty and starts to call others "amateurs". This from a man who didn't possess a plastic tube cutter, or to be honest a clue.

Reply to
Steve Firth

A pipe slicer on plastic pipe?

another one!!!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off as you are a total plantpot, many on the group think so:

are very popular indeed. For your own good it is best you eff off.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes. It's always struck me as strange that dribble has claimed at various times to be a heating engineer of many years experience, but is always going on about the new cheap tools he's just bought. And of course not having a plastic pipe cutter. Even worse not having the skill to cut plastic pipe and trim the end properly without one - as say in an emergency.

Notice the similarity with 'timegoesby'? He claims to make a living out of doing up houses for sale - yet seems to regularly ask the most basic of questions. And doesn't seem to know the cost of materials. And has the same sort of poor English. Methinks they may share socks...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There's no doubt that they are the same person. He's made several slips in the past by responding in the wrong persona. There's another sock as well, that one chooses to make false representations about some sort of engine snake oil. He claims that this product is used by Lancashire police.

What he didn't know is that I work with Lancashire Police at their Hutton Hall Headquarters. I went to the garage to ask about the claim for this "Cataclean" petrol additive and they told me that they had never endorsed the product and that anyone who said they did was not telling the truth.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Talking to yourself Drivel? It's a sign of madness. As to be honest are each of your posts to Usenet.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Please eff off as you are a total plantpot

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off as you are a total plantpot, many on the group think so:

are very popular indeed. For your own good it is best you eff off. See the nurse.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off as you are a total plantpot, many on the group think so:

are very popular indeed. For your own good it is best you eff off. See the nurse at the clinic.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Steve Firth

Steve Firth

Can you not reply in thread instaed of posting a new one.

Dave

Reply to
gort

Alt.local.yorkshire? Where is Yorkshire? Don't answer as you are a total plantpot. For your own good it is best you eff off.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel